Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taste of Home Cooking Show

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Taste of Home??? I love them THIS MUCH(arms spread wide)!!!!! For those of you who don't know, Taste of Home is a cooking magazine that has rockin' recipes! Great thing about this....company(?), is that all the recipes come from "real" women! Not from folks thrown into a kitchen(though all their recipes ARE kitchen tested). Also, most of the recipes are relatively inexpensive, look tough but are super easy to make! This is the second year I've gone to the cooking show, and I have to tell you, it'll forever be an annual girls night out MUST! No questions asked men! now, since this is a cooking show, it does mean that you sit there and spectate. Doesn't sound entertaining, but totally is! However, the benefit of watching the presentation, is that you get to see how truly easy these recipes are. And she always does the ones that look the toughest. There are three types of tickets: VIP-$55, Reserved-$20, and GA-$12. We got the general admission tickets, which you do get a goodie bag with. The bag will have the two Taste of Home magazines, with recipes from that evening and loads of coupons from various sponsors. Although, this years goodie bag was wimpy compared to last years. Also, during the presentation, there are loads of prizes given away! Who doesn't like winning?! I certainly do!!!! Especially since I won something this year-four mini cookbooks! YAY ME! I'm so proud of me and my luck! The grand prize is a brand new washer/dryer(even more incentive to go)! Which luck and I WILL be owning next year! A new washer and dryer would look so pretty in my basement : ) at any rate, I highly suggest that you go to a cooking show IF possible. Perfect excuse to go out with the lady(or fella) friends, lounge around, and chat it up about food!

No comments:

Post a Comment