Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Triple C with a brownie

The delinquent(my daughter) and I were having a disagreement on baked goodies for the day. She wanted cookies. I wanted brownies. so as a compromise, we went out and bought a cookie brownie....N.A.S.T.Y!) I get chills just thinking about it) Needless to say, we were an unhappy pair. So later that day, I did some thinkin' and some lookin', and found that I wasn't the only glutton wanting a brownie stuffed in a cookie! Easier than you think, and SO worth the effort! Attempt #1-The Hard Way : ( Ugly cookie. BIG taste. I did everything homemade. It took too long and my cookie went places, while my brownie did not. Attempt #2-Cheater cheater : ) Gorgeous cookie. AWESOME taste! I highly advise that you go with attempt number two. Mainly because the wait time is considerably less(who likes waiting for goodies anyway)! 

Alright, so what you wanna do(if you're cheating), is to go buy some cookie dough and ready made brownies. I purchased my goods from Safeway, and used the Nestle TollHouse break apart cookie dough(2 dozen pack). One of these packs, will give you six very large cookies. Which is a short way of saying that you'll be using four segments for one cookie) Also, preheat your oven according to the package directions!

Take two of the segments and roll into a ball-like so (repeat, so you'll have two balls of dough)




Go ahead and flatten it a little as well




mmmm chocolate
Now go ahead and cut each brownie into fourths. You'll use about a brownie and a half for your six cookies. Take a brownie fourth and flatten it a little as well










Now the fun part! Sandwich your brownie in between your flattened dough balls and pinch your dough together!





Almost THERE!
Go  through the whole process again, for however many cookies you plan to make. They should look like this when ready to go into the oven.








Pop those enticing little treats into a preheated oven for 20 minutes! You read right, 20 is the magic number. They should be a nice golden brown when done. Kind of like these : )
Nom nom nom
And there you have it! You can also pull off a stuffed cookie with various chocolate candies, but remember...it's OK to cheat with this! No one will care that it's semi home-made! They'll be to caught up in the heavenly combo. I could be nice and give you a glimpse of the inside the deliciousness....but I figure I'll leave that for you to discover! Happy eating : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why I haven't read your blog before but I am now! :D Those sound super delicious and they make me really want to make cookie dough brownies. If you haven't had them before they are delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete