Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm BACK.....

From maternity leave ; ) I managed to bust out a lot of stuff before the addition came, and i even took pictures! But I'm too lazy to retrieve my camera, so you get a picture less post. About hospital food. Yeah, random I know, but i was too pleased not to comment on it! Kadlec, has a rockin' menu. So rockin' in fact, that I am not against a random cheap lunch there. Now, I'm comparing Kadlec to KGH and Lourdes, both of which have lousy eats! WHY IS THAT!? It's like they're saying "hey, you're already depressed about being here; so this grime won't dampen your spirits anymore." I should write a letter, and be like "Yo. Actually, it does!" At any rate, back to Kadlec, and how they rock. In my stay I had a chicken quesadilla, chef salad, and lots of fruit. The fruit, even though out of season, was super yummy! Even the honeydew melon(which we all know is a hit or miss). My chef salad was big and had all the fixens! It's really tough for a salad to please me, not because it's green and leafy!, because all the best salads I've had...are in Connell-long story. Anyhoo, the quesadilla, was actually a lot to eat. The chicken used was tender and well seasoned and of course, there was lots of cheese! My other half only consumed the chicken fajitas. Which speaks for itself. he binged for three days...on fajitas. So to wrap things up, go to the Kadlec cafeteria for a quick bite for lunch. I'm sure my girls and I will be regulars there this summer

3 comments:

  1. you crack my up, but Rebekah said the food was good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always said that Kadlec actually has good food. And I'm so glad they switched to the 'call anytime' for food. When I had my babies I was STARVING all the time and waited anxiously for the food carts to come in - only three times a day - with a 'snack' between. It was never enough for my body that had just consumed gi-normous amounts of calories giving birth, and was now trying to be a milk bar for my baby. I had family sneak in my favorite milkshake from DQ (those were the days when you couldn't bring food into the hospital). Anyway, you're right, they do a good job with their menu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kadlec's food! I agree about their quesadillas. Yum. I love their tomato soup and grilled cheese too. I always get the fruit plate-every time I order. =)

    ReplyDelete