Friday, January 20, 2012

Faux'd ya

Well, it's Friday and I'm passed due to throw a post up on here. Not like I've been busy or anything with all this snow going on. If Mother Nature had a face, I'd slap it. Even if it threw off the cosmic balance of weather again, because what she's doing to us out there is RIDICULOUS!!!! It's not even December for crying out loud!rrrrooooooaAAAARRRRRR!*HULK MODE*..............................................

Okay. I've ditched the green and am back now.
Last Sunday, I went to go steal some powdered sugar from a friend(as in, i knocked on her door and asked, kind of stealing) and started salivating when the smells of her house assaulted my nose. No really, i had dribble. I'm sure church ending at 4, attributed greatly to that added moisture. You'd be starving too! I personally feel, that with church getting out that late, there should be a snack time for adults. Somewhere between 2nd and 3rd hour perhaps? So naturally, I made my way to the kitchen to see what was going down(hoping i could get a taste actually. *sigh* My poor family, starving out in the car, while i'm dreaming about eating somebody elses ,food) Lo and behold, it was beef stroganoff! I really wanted some then(we don't eat beef, because B's gut sucks)! Like a good friend, she listened to me lament about not making that because of B's lousiness , she offered suggestions that got me thinking.
So i ran to the car and exclaimed to the family "We're having stroganoff tonight folks!" I won't mention the looks i got, because they weren't favorable. All independently thinking, " you're really going to make us wait longer?!"
*later on in the kitchen*
Realization kicks in that i have absolutely NOTHING associated with strogonaff except for sour cream. Superb. But i was so hungry that instead of getting down about it, i got creative-very. All i wanted was that flavor so badly, that i actually kept track of what i did . Lucky you! The deities of kitchen prowess must have been with me : )

What you need:
meat
1Tb oil
salt/pepper
1Tb Italian seasoning
1/2Tb flour
2 C milk
1 pkt onion soup mix
1 C sour cream....and a whole lot-ta awesome

So choose your meat- I used pork loin chopped up
In a large skillet, with about a tablespoon of oil, give your meat a good browning, WITH seasonings
-season with salt and pepper to taste(i did about a tsp each)
-and, here's the kicker, about a tablespoon of Italian seasoning
Once your meat is cooked, toss it out, keeping you oil that is in the skillet
Make your rue, with a half tablespoon of flour.
Mix until smooth and a consistency you like.(Use your nose, if you like the fragrance of your rue, your seasonings are probably on point for you. if it smells like it could use a little more kick-go on with your bad self!)
Bring out 2cups of milk and mix into your rue slowly, while stirring. (remember:lumpy is yucky)
Now, the final ingredient , one packet of onion soup mix. Add that in, give it a mix. Toss your meat back in. Bring it to a good simmer for about 30 minutes. Once it's good and done to YOUR standards(I like my meat to be fork tender. As in, i think about a fork, and it falls apart), add 1 cup of sour cream. Cook up your favorite grain(we use coucous) and call it good!

As a family, we all agreed that this fake-out was well worth the wait. Both girls really enjoyed it; and there was nothing for #1 to attempt and pick out. Good luck!









2 comments:

  1. Site offers many services that you enjoy all that is new in this world and the latest news in the world of entertainment.

    http://wndweb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete